L.M. Group Investments Pty Ltd (ACN 151 789 927) the trustee for Ausco Trust (ABN 13 361 140 068) trading as “Lightning Mobility” (hereinafter may also be referred to in this document as “we, our and us”)
This policy sets out how we collect, use, manage and disclose your personal information.
When you engage us to provide you with any goods or services and/or communicate with us through email, telephone, in writing, through participating in promotional activities or through our website, you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy
The purpose of collecting your personal information
The kinds of personal information we may collect from you will depend on the nature of the interaction you’ve had with Lightning Mobility.
Personal information we collect from you may include, but may not be limited to:
- Name, address and contact details
- Medical information relevant to your interaction with Lightning Mobility or shared by a registered health professional
- Credit or debit account details
- General correspondence between yourself and Lightning Mobility
- Records of goods and services provided to you
- Website usage information
We may use and disclose your personal information from you for a variety of reasons
- Effectively providing you with goods and services.
- Generally communicating with you
- Developing and conducting a business relationship with you
- Direct marketing (such as providing individuals with information about our products and promotional notices and offers). Lightning Mobility will always give you the option to opt out of direct marketing. We do not sell your personal information for marketing, or any other purpose.
- Improving our business.
Your personal information is only collected via lawful and fair means and, where practicable, only obtained from you or from a person authorised to act on your behalf.
We will take reasonable action to ensure that you are aware of:
- The likely use of the information you provide to us
- The rights you have to access the information we keep relating to you
- The identity and contact details of our employees who collect and who may have access to your personal information
- Any laws pertaining to the collection of your personal information
- The consequences of failing to provide your personal information to us
How we may use and disclose your personal information
We may collect and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected, such as those mentioned above.
We may also collect and disclose your personal information for other reasons, such as, but not limited to:
- Administering and responding to your enquiry or feedback about a product or service
- To our suppliers and related companies, consultants, contractors or agents for the primary purpose for which it was collected or for other purposes directly related to the primary purpose, e.g. we may disclose your personal contact information to a supplier to respond to a request for additional information about a product
- To the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings, or to defend our legal rights.
Accurate and up-to-date information
We take steps to ensure your personal information is accurate and up-to-date by amending our records whenever changes to your personal information come to our attention. We may disregard information that seems to be inaccurate or out-of-date by reason of the time that has elapsed since it was collected.
Using our Website
As with most websites, when you interact with the Lightning Mobility website, we may record anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring URL, pages accessed and documents downloaded, type of browser and operating system
Certain parts of our website utilise cookies. A cookie is a small file that remains on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you either turn your computer off or it expires. Cookies may collect and store your personal information. You may adjust your internet browser to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled, you may still use our website, however some functionality may be limited.
We may from time to time use Google Analytics to track website traffic and to better understand our customers.
Our website may contain links to or from other websites. Lightning Mobility are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of other websites you visit and to exercise caution and due diligence when visiting websites and entering your personal information
Marketing and Opting-Out
We may use your personal information for promoting and marketing current and future products and services. We may also use it to inform you of upcoming events, special promotions and offers, and to ask for feedback to allow us to analyse our products and services so as to improve the products and services we can provide to you.
We may exchange your personal information between our related entities so they can assist in the marketing of our products and services
At the point we collect information from you, you may be asked to “opt-in” to give us consent to using or disclosing your personal information. You will be given the opportunity to “opt-out” from receiving marketing and other information from us.
We will only offer you marketing on products and services where we reasonably believe they could be of interest or benefit to you. You will always have the right to opt out.
Security of your personal information
We strive to protect your personal information from misuse or loss by restricting access to the information in electronic form, and by appropriate physical and communications security. Any data destroyed is disposed of in a manner that protects the privacy of that information in an appropriate manner.
Dealing with unsolicited information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that all unsolicited information is destroyed immediately.
Access to your personal information
We acknowledge that you have a general right of access to information relating to you, and to have inaccurate information corrected.
Anonymity when dealing with us
We allow you the option of not identifying yourself when dealing with Lightning Mobility. In some instances this is not practical, and this will be discussed with you.
Cross border disclosure
Your personal information may also be processed by, or disclosed to employees, representatives, or other third parties who work for, or are engaged by us, in other countries. We will take reasonable steps, in the circumstances, before your personal information is disclosed to an overseas recipient, to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach privacy laws in relation to your personal information
If you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient, you agree that the overseas recipient will not be accountable under the Privacy Act, and you will not be able to seek redress for breaches under the Privacy Act
Collecting sensitive information
We collect sensitive information in the form of your health information. This is permitted by law in instances where such collection is for the purpose of providing a health service. Your health information will be collected in the methods described above.
Any sensitive information will be used only for the primary purposes described above. Sensitive information will not be used for any secondary purposes unless your consent has been given or as required by law.
Lightning Mobility do use government identifiers, primarily in the form of National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIS) client numbers.
Who should you contact for further information?
You can discuss any queries or complaints about privacy issues with us in the following ways:
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (02) 6297 6672
Physical & Postal Adddress: 9 Aurora Avenue, Queanbeyan, NSW, 2620