Active Pozi-Trak drive system. (APT)
APT is a unique suspension system patented by Glide and was developed to enhance the performance of its Mid Wheel Drive wheelchair. The APT system is a three functional operation which increases traction on the drive wheels, aids with kerb climbing and acts as an anti-pitch anti-pitch device. The suspension system also eliminates nosedive when descending roadside kerbs.
The drive wheels are set positive meaning when the wheelchair is on a level ground a preload of up to 20kg (depending on spring set up type) is on each drive wheel. This unique system greatly improves traction for driving and braking. It also performs extremely well in emergency downhill braking.
This system is a very low maintenance system and has eliminated the need for complex moving parts that need constant servicing or adjustments. Also, with the combination of varying spring set ups, your wheelchair can be fined tuned to suit your driving preference.
- Power Base type with easily removable seating module.
- 50 degree seat tilt standard.
- Available in adult and paediatric versions.
- Motors – high quality German motors for Centro – Choice of 2 pole or 4 pole high torque.
- Low seat height standard (46cm at 0 degrees).
- Optional lower seat height 43cm.
- 65 – 70 amp/hr Batteries capabilities. (Amp/hr ratings varies between brand)
- Vehicle tie down points.
- Low maintenance with easily accessible electronics.
- Turn circle between walls 1145mm (average set up 46cm SD x 46cm SW).
- 80mm kerb climbing ability.
- 80mm ground clearance.
- Max ramp incline/decline 12°
- Optional anterior tilt.
- Compatibility to most proprietary seating systems on the market.
- Plus all the standard options offered with our range.
Max Recommended User Weight
175kg AS 3695 Full compliance – Class B Indoor/Outdoor
85kg (without batteries and upholstery)
Typical operational wheelchair weight 132kg – 150kg *
7 ” pneumatic (optional 6″ or 8″)
200 -50 (8″) pneumatic (optional 7″)
3.00 – 8 (14″) – Optional 14″ wide or 12″ wide
900mm (foot plate removed)
620mm (wheel base)
31, 34, 37, 40, 43, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58, 61cm
31, 34, 37, 40, 43, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58cm
46cm (top of rail using 0-46 set up)
1030mm Top of push handle (custom height available)
4-50 std (optional 0-46 degree)
Flip up (adjustable)
swing away detachable
Choose from Glide colour range
Electronic and manual park
12° Incline /Decline
12° Incline /Decline
R-net LCD std (optional Dynamic)
70-90 amp/hr (260Lx170Wx220H) Sealed
40 km max with 70 amp/hr